From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 04:12:22 -0600
> In a message dated 2/3/99 8:53:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>
> << Lately I've seen several references to this government regulation.  Could
>  someone please educate me on the law/reg that limits the maximum speed?
>  Where can I find this?

I didn't bother to find the exact document that details this regulation,
but here's several things you can check that will lead you to it.  You
can start with:

http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/1998/db980917/nrcc8062.html

which refers to part 68 of FCC regulations.  And this page:

http://www.56k.com/cons/53k.shtml

which also refers to a couple of articles from CNN and InfoWorld, the
InfoWorld piece being more on point.  Sorry I haven't been able to
provide the exact document title you want, but you should certainly be
able to find it with these references.  Time doesn't permit me right
now.

--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html