From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 12:14:19 -0400
Bob,
Are you using a "fixed width" font or a "proportional" font?  You probably
need to use a Courier-type font.

Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates
Coral Springs FL
===============================

I am trying to use the HP PCL Printer Commands on an HP DeskJet 1120C to
format the print out from a program written in QBasic 45.  It requires the
use of the following ASCII graphical characters to form brackets and
rectangular border lines.

Everything has worked out OK except attempts to construct a righthand edge
border around the internal text material.  The top border line uses Left
Upper Corner, a string of horiz line segments terminating in a Right Upper
Corner.
segment will not align with the Vertical portion of the Right corner
character, but is offset by part of a character width, though both are in
the same character "column".  This same offset is perpetuated thruout rest
of print out.  Solid horiz lines terminating in "T" intersections or in
corner characters are of one consistent length, while lines with text are of
a slightly different consistent length maintainng the above undesired
offset.
   Would appreciate any voices of experience to set me straight in setting
this up properly. Any one know if the Horizontal Motion Index functions can
be used to nudge the terminating characters into alignmnet????
  Bob Decker

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html