From:
Jim Smithheisler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 01:42:30 -0500
I would appreciate input from the learned ladies and gentlemen of the list
regarding a computer I need (or think I need anyway).

I am a software developer and tester. My current computer is a Cyrix based
P200 with 32M RAM, a 2.1 gig and a 4.? gig hard drive under W98 and it
doesn't quite meet my needs which are:
Run Outlook 98, Access 97, Excel 97, VB5, Blue Sky RoboHelp, FMS SourceBook,
and a commercial package built around Paradox tables while maintaining an
internet connection on one modem and a fax communication connect on a second
modem.

Additional software packages used include various graphics manipulators and
Broadway video capture and editing system version 2.5 (which includes its
own card).

Additional hardware requirements include output to two monitors, output to
two printers, local network card, a flatbed scanner, a pen scanner, Syquest
drive, Imation LS-120 drive, Iomega Zip drive, a high speed cd-rom drive,
and/or a cd-writer.

Brand names and local availability of components are not much of a factor.
What I do require is compatability between components and software.

TIA for any and all comments and suggestions.

Jim Smithheisler
MJConsulting