From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:59:51 -0800
Apparently your installation did not detect the power management capability
of your BIOS. To change this, you will need to change the HAL (the main
kernel of the OS). While I have manually done this, it is not recommended.
The proper procedure is to go through another install, but press the F5 key
during the initial installation startup. This will allow you to select the
appropriate HAL. See these links at Microsoft for the details:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307525
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309283
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;299340

Peter