From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:00:51 +0800
Hello, a friend of mine gave me a Pentium 4 CPU but its hard drive is
defective, meaning, every boot up, it takes too long for the BIOS to detect
the drive.  So I'm planning to buy a new one, but my concern is, what will
be the best hard drive that I'm going to buy (with regards to drive
capacity)?  Its old drive is a 40 GB, then maybe a new 80GB will be fine.
When I went to the computer shop they were offering 80GB, 160GB and 320GB
which made me think again, "what if I'll buy a 160GB? or a 320GB?" but the
staff adviced me that if my BIOS version could not support or detect a
160GB, then my new drive will be good for nothing.  Anybody who has a
pentium 4 here (within the range of 1.5GHZ CPU and motherboard) which could
safely detect the 160GB or 320GB?  Thanks for your inputs.

Frederick Navarro

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml