From:
garry bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:56:25 +0000
Hi Tom,
     thanks for the reply,i tried to use the win 98 and ME boot disks but
they dont load correct drivers for this cdrom drive,when it goes through the
process of starting with cdrom support it gives an error message as follows:
device name:MSCD001
no drives found
PCI READ CONFIGURATION FAILURE
aborting installation
I looked on the internet and found information which says the win boot disk
load generic drivers which are ok for most ide drives but pcmcia external
drives need more specific drivers loading.i have a driver disk for the cdrom
drive and explored this on my other pc it has drivers on it for win 3.1 is
it possible it install these from an A:prompt before an o/s is installed on
a formatted hard drive if so what is the command to do this?the drive and
pcmcia card work ok as i tested them on another laptop.
The laptop is a Toshiba T2130CS quite old and only has a floppy drive but i
dont have any win o/s on floppies,so without being able to use this cdrom
drive i cant get an o/s back on to the laptop.
If anyone knows how i can do this it would be greatly appreciated...
Garry