From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:05:59 -0800
Eric,

I finally got the card to be recognized. Late one night, as I hit the
internet to double check to see if I missed any information, I stumbled on
to a site where someone had the same problems. They indicated that you
cannot get WinXP to recognize the Fireport after the OS is installed, but
you can hit F6 during the installation and load the drivers from a floppy
prior to during the installation. WinXP complains about the drivers being
old and not certified, but if you ignore the warning, the SCSI card and
devices are recognized. I remember moving up from Win98 to WinME I was happy
that the OS recognized the SCSI card without having to load the drivers from
a disk. The drivers are available for Win2000 so I don't know why microsoft
omitted them from WinXP.

BTW, have you every tried to install the driver to a clean WinXP install?

Thanks,

Jim