From:
Richard T <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 23:49:25 -0400
Joel:
Just go to one of the local computer shows in your area. They're all over the
country.
There you will find lots of merchants with brand new boards. I just got a 486
dx100
board for $36.00! The guy even included a brand new chip (My, how the times
have changed!!) and it works, no less!
    A word of warning..you may want to go and make the pentium splurge as y2k
is approaching rapidly and it's a good bet there arent too many 486's out
there with compliant bios. in reality, you can get a tx or vx board as well as
a cyrix p200 equivalent chip for about $150. You'll need new ram, but that's
pretty cheap these days.
Good Luck, hope i've added some insight.
Richard Tabas
Pennsylvania