From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:07:34 -0500
You may also want to check out what folks who have used various on-line
venders have to say at www.resellerratings.com .  For example, with buycomp,
I would suggest that you make sure that what you order really is in stock.
Call their toll free number and have them confirm that the item is in stock
before ordering it.  I took this precaution when I ordered from them, and I
was pleased with the result.  The customer service people I talked to seemed
to have no problem with my wish to get this pinned down before ordering.
The reason for this extra step is that they will make a charge to your
credit card at the time that you place an internet order, whether they have
the item in stock or not.  (They are by no means alone in this practice.)

John Sproule