From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:15:19 -0700
I had the same problem with an Asus P4SDX MB. After interchanging numerous
good components, the problem was narrowed down to a faulty MB. Sometimes
MB's are just bad out of the box. The final check is to try the MB out of
the case with only known good CPU, known good memory, known good power
supply, and known good video card connected/in place (I ended up with two
computers in pieces side by side with wires going between each one). Also,
clear the CMOS through a jumper on the MB (see the MB manual). If nothing
happens except fans running and a light on on the MB, the evidence points to
a bad MB. Seek an RMA and, when returned, your supplier should have the
equipment to run a final check of the MB. Mine was replaced and everything
worked good on the second MB and I am happy with it.

Hope this helps.
Tom Mayer