From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:42:04 -0400
You don't think the power failure and subsequent surge fried the PS, but rather it had defective capacitors?  Haven't heard of lots of PS's with bad capacitors yet, but in your case I'd be fairly certain the meltdown came from the power surge.  If you are looking for a reasonably priced replacement (i.e. P4/AMD 400 Watt or similar, try www.ebuyer.com and be sure to check US buyer. They have store in UK also).

>Bulging Caps...
>Everyone should have heard by now there was a problem
>with MB capacitors bulging (and not working) because of
>the wrong formula being used in their manufacture...
>
>I was wondering if this was ever tied to Power Supplies also...
>If so was 1999 "the?" bad year?
>
>I just removed a PS that stopped working  right after a power
>failure (and surge) and it turned out it had bulging and leaking
>Caps... (Go figure...)
>
>                                                     Rick Glazier
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                     support at our newest website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.