From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 13:28:46 -0400
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....

Very few, I repeat, very few mobo allow installation of SIMMs and
DIMMs. Let me clarify.

DIMMs  are available as SDRAM AND EDO RAM. SIMMs are EDO RAM (or
older). EDO and SDRAM operate under different voltages, i.e. 5 v and
3.5 v (or 3.3v, I not sure of the top of my head)  respectively.

If you want to combine 72 pin SIMMS AND 168 pin DIMMs, unless you mobo
supports DIMM voltage indepent of SIMM voltage (again, I repeat very,
very few do.), then you must use EDO DIMMs which are very hard to find.
And some mobo do not even suport this combination of EDO SIMMs and
DIMMs. Furthermore, if you want to use SDRAM DIMMs you must change the
voltage via usually a jumper on the mobo.

So with out documentation to do verify any of the above, I would stick
with SIMMs only.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly

From:  [log in to unmask] [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

In a message dated 5/27/99 10:38:19 PM Central Daylight Time,