From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:20:38 -0500
I think your friend was referring to the windows swap file for virtual
memory settings.  Under NT and Unix, it is sometimes called the page or
paging file.  Historically, page refers to a contiguous block of memory, and
for a given system, all pages are the same size.  The last time I had to use
pages was in the old DOS environment, and pages were 16384 bytes of ram.
Under 32bit programming (windows) its just a holdover name convention.
Tom Turak