From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:01:29 EDT
I don't think that such a could exist. Physically, if you put a card into a
PCI slot with an ISA slot on top, the ISA peripheral would probably extend
way beyond the case and it would stick out the side of the computer.

Mechanically, while I don't know the particulars, I think that getting a PCI
slot to emulate an ISA slot would be very difficult. PCI  Parallel Port I/O
cards were very long in the making because of PCI's differing architecture.

As far as the PC you buy, "Branded PCs" are popular, but sometimes not the
highest quality. I would consider having a system built by a reputable
computer company that will use a quality name brand motherboard with quality
name brand components. This type of system can be more stable than any of the
name brand systems you mentioned and also meet your specific requirements.

Dennis Noble