From:
"Hugh A. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:47:34 -0500
Bill:
  Thanks for the suggestion.  The cable that comes with the monitor has two
filters at each end, and I made sure both ends were tight when I first
noticed the problem.  I do not see any change when I move the cable.  At
your suggestion, I tried another cable and the problem was much worse (the
other cable has no filters).  I am going to buy an ATI card and will let
you know if this solves the problem.
Regards,
 Hugh
At 10:12 PM 2/10/99 -0500, Bill Cohane wrote:
>At 04:33 2/9/99 -0500, Hugh A. Gale wrote:
>>I have a strange problem, on my new monitor, Hitachi CM751, I see shadows
>>(or ghosts) on characters and images. This only occurs on my system with a
>>Matrox G200 AGP Video card. I am running win95 OSR2.1 and the Mobo is an
>>MS-5169 with AMI Bios 2.3 rev 07/03/98 AMD 333 with 64MB ram. I have tried
>>various color depths, resolutions and refresh rates. I have another system
>>with a Stealth 64 DRAM and the monitor works fine.
>

>Hi Hugh
>
>Before you get rid of your video card, check out the cable from the
>video card to the monitor. Is the connections tight? Try moving it
>around a bit and see if the ghosts change. Can you try another cable?
>
>I used to get similar effects with my Millennium I video card. I isolated
>the problem to a video extension cable that I was using. (The ghosts have
>gone since I changed cables.)
>
>Regards,
>Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: