From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:56:38 -0400
Each of the 3 primary colors has it's own signal wire in the cable.  If the
cable is not firmly connected, then you could lose either color or
combinations of colors.
Since two monitors had the same "type" of problem but with different colors,
then
I would guess that the problem is definitely cable/connector related.