From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 08:18:43 -0400
I agree with Angus.  This has evolved into a completely different
discussion.

The accepted method of changing the subject for a thread -- or in
this case, veering off in a different direction -- is to change
the subject line by using an IS - WAS type of format.

As an example, At some point in the past, this topic should have
had a subject line that said something like:

SUBJ: Clearing CMOS settings  WAS: Bios passwords.

Then after two or three message exchanges, the "settings" folks
could drop the WAS portion and be off on their own topic,
while the "password" folks could continue offering help to the
original poster under the subject heading of BIOS passwords.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association