From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:18:54 -0600
At 05:54 PM 08/05/2000 , you wrote:
>Hi Folks
>I have been running my computer without a soundcard and have a reasonable
>number of other devices installed:printer,CD Rom,scanner and CD burner on
>SCSI. Running a socket 7 system with AMD350 Cpu on W95B.
>I am reserving my last PCI slot for a vid capture card so decided to
>install a basic soundblaster card ISA. This is the only ISA slot I have
>attempted to use.
>
>After putting in the sound card and trying to boot W95, it will not go into
>W95 but  gives me the following message:
>Invalid VxD dynamic link from HSFLOP (01)  + 00001398 to device "0036),
>service 3
>Your windows configuration is invalid, run windows setup again to correct
>If you start windows, you system may be unstable

Sound Blaster 16 ISA cards work on IRQ 5 or IRQ 7.  IRQ 7 typically is used
by the printer port.  If you are using your LPT1 or printer port, then this limits
you to IRQ 5 for this card.   You probably have another hardware device
now using IRQ5.  Reassign the device now using IRQ5 to another IRQ,
this may need to be done in your CMOS settings, (often called the setup
accessed during the Post Process...  that time when you see the memory
tick when the PC first starts and accessed by pressing the DEL key).  Try
to set IRQ5 to ISA/Legacy.   Then boot your system, go into the Device
Manager, (accessed by right clicking on My Computer and clicking
Properties...  then Device Manager tab).  The SB16 card also wants two
DMA channels...  the original ones used DMA1 & DMA5, the newer ones
cannot access DMA5 and use DMA1 & DMA3.  Be sure these are freed
up, probably once again in the CMOS.

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: