From:
Kevin Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:56:53 +1200
G'day folks,

This isn't really a hardware issue, but I'm sure that some of you have
had the same problem.

I have built a new system, (thanks to your help, and much to my
surprise) using a 20Gb x7200 HDD,  and successfully installed Windoze.
Then I added another 40Gb x7200 HDD.

My intention was to split the capacity into 10 gig partions to handle
W98SE / Linux / Games / Data / Backup / etc. - but of course, FDISK
can't  handle such large partitions, - or can it?

"No worrys" ,  I thought, - I'll buy 'Partition Magic'
The shock came a little later when I found that, in my Country,
'Partition Magic 7' costs more than my 20Gb harddrive, but a little less
than my 40Gb.

I will say that PM7 is designed for Windows XP, and I have no intention
of ever using that OS, ( = therefore my Linux partition.)

 I welcome your thoughts and suggestions about an alternative Partition
System.

Kevin Neal,
New Zealand.