Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:46:03 +1000
From: "Alan Priol" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 2:20 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] HD Partitions

> I have just noticed something strange on my computer. After recently
> installing a 20gb HD and partitioning it with 4 partitions I find that at
> the C:\ prompt only C: & D: are visible and yet from within Windows98 C:
D:
> E: & F: are all shown and accessible. This HD was set-up by a MAXTOR
> installation utility and has been operating OK. It was only recently I
> noticed this situation and am not sure if it is a hardware or software
> problem having installed many programs, some of which may have caused a
> conflict in Windows.

I normaly don't (almost never) use other than FDISK to partition harddisk
(not including use of Partition Magic and installation of NT, win2k and
Linux), so my guess is you may need to run Maxtor disk manager in DOS. Just
a guess.

Jun Qian

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org