From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 19:11:17 EDT
Message posted by Ian Porter regarding best sequence. I had always believed
that your motherboard/chipset drivers needed to be installed first, then an
OS, then video drivers ( if an add-on card is used ). The rest is up for
grabs although I usually install AV programs or CD-RW programs next, but
thats a matter of preference for me.

A recent post also addressed WIN 98 not shutting down. Head on over to
Microsofts Support Web page and d/l  Windows IDE Hard Drive Cache package. (
I believe it used to be called the shutdown supplement package) I use Win98SE
and frequently had hangups at shutdown. Also Defrag your HDD regularly as
this catches some potential glitches.

Another post referred to a monitor that was "going green." That sounds like
the monitors is nearing its end of useful life. See if you can get  one
donated or see if your local county landfill has a recycling area for
electronics and ask if you can have one. I know that sounds a little strange,
but usually when people drop off items no longer needed and don't want to
throw them away, it's possible to find useable items. And for a good cause, I
can't see any rason for concern if  permission is asked first.

Chris Ryan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml