From:
val w jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 17:02:25 -0700
Im only useing 1 card to run 2 Hardrives or 1 and a cdrom drive and I was
just wondering if a take another controller and plug into another slot on
the motherboard and would it work ok and also just found a soundbaster
III pro card and could that be used to plug into the cdrom and how would
I set it up for the drive letter, I have 2 drives running now 1 drive as
C and the other partitioned as D & E and When I do plug in another card
for a drive and cdrom will it detect it?

> I'm not sure if I quite understand what you are trying to do here!
> But.... What you would need to do, is set up 2 drives on each
> controller. One as Master, and one as Slave. You do this for both
> the
> Primary, and secondary controller, that is if you have this number
> of
> drives. If there is a conflict in Windows with the drive letter
> assignment, you can adjust them VIA the Device Manager. Right click
> my
> computer, select properties, next select Device Manager. Look for
> Each
> Hard Disk, and CDROM, and Right click on each, Select properties,
> next
> select setting tab, and change the drive letter assignments. I would
> not
> change the Hard Disk Letter assignment though, but change the CDROMS
> a Drive letter that is free.
> ]
> Hopefully this is what you are looking to do...
>
> Good Luck,  Steve Wolfe...............

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions