From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 01:54:59 -0400
Before you start, write down the jumper setting(s) of the HDs currently
in the system. Also the CDs and/or DVDs if you may need to move any
cables around for any reason, (and you start changing jumpers as you go...)

Look in the BIOS, and see how the HDs, etc. are recognized.
Manual settings?, Auto, etc...
If Auto, you should be good to go...
On older BIOSs, (or for other reasons), sometimes
changing this type of setting makes the drive look blank.
(As in -- a manual setting that was sort of out of spec for some reason...)
(Disclaimer: Things can go wrong...)
Never hurts to write down the drive settings in the BIOS before you start.

I have OTHER Acronis programs that would (also) do this
and looked at their WEB site for info about yours...

IF your program will make a "bootable media CD" of the program,
and allow you to boot from CD and run it that way,
I would disconnect HD1, (along with other reasons, that would give
you an easy place to hook things up...).
Jumper the other drives as required, HD2(old) + HD2(new),
and do a straight clone...  HD2(old) to HD2(new)

Keep HD1 disconnected during this to prevent "operator" errors
that might wind up "erasing it"... (Or making it into another HD2.)

After the cloning operation, hook-up HD1, and put the new HD2 drive
in the same "hook-up" location (electrically and physically) as where the
old HD2 was... Match the jumper setting the old HD2 had before you started...
Leave HD2(old) out of the system at first to see if the clone worked as
expected and to protect against the new drive suffering an early failure...
1 to 6 months (for HD2(old) in dead storage should be plenty...
(I have had "new" drives fail in as little as 5 days...)

                         HTH,

                                         Rick Glazier

From: "Alan Priol"