From:
Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 00:28:27 -0500
Hi,
After putting together a new box I am now moving hard drives around and
reinstalling OS's, with the idea of keeping my old 40 gig WD in my new
box.   This drive is partitioned, with mainly only windows 98se on the C:
drive.  I wanted to just reinstall windows98, so I deleted the info on the
C partition, using a startup disk.  (I realize I will have to overinstall
the programs on the other partitions, but this way I won't lose Eudora,
mIRC , etc. settings)  No matter what I tried today, I could not get 98se
to install on the C drive.

I get from the A: prompt to my cdrom prompt, type setup and after scandisk
and it would seem things are progressing, but the machine hangs every
time.  This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help,
Tom S

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml