From:
David Nasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 10:01:02 CDT
Good people,

The Western Digital 3.2 gb UDMA drive that I got last Dec. with my
little P5 system is failing. WD sez a replacement is on the way.
The system fails to boot about 70% of the time. Ragamuffin Vagabond
Gypsys such as myself, of course, never ever maintain backups.

I'm running NTWS 4.0 SP3 and I've got lots of important software
and data that I need to recover. The existing drive has 3 NTFS
partitions. I'd like to have only 1 on the replacement drive (also
NTFS).

A first-level techie at WD said their EZ-Drive program would work.
Anybody used it for this kind of thing? XCOPY with certain
switch settings would also work? Other suggestions are welcome.
TIA.

  Zalut,
  David

** David Nasser                     **     [log in to unmask]  **
** Univ. Mo. St. Louis              **                              **

"I'm sitting here wonderin'
 would a matchbox hold my clothes.
 I ain't got so many matches
 but I got so far to go."
    from "Matchbox Blues", Blind Lemon Jefferson, maybe 1927