From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 02:03:08 -0500
Greetings to all list members,
I have installed a new mobo ASUS model P4GE-MX (which has an intel 845GE chipset,and intel heat sink fan) and new celeron D processor 2.4 gig, a 350W power supply unit, in an "old" case in which earlier there was a via mobo, via chipset, and celeron 667 mhz processor. the case has 3 bays containing cdrom, cdrw, dvdrom, apart from the hdd and floppy drives and also has a provision for another floppy or hdd drive.

The problem i notice is that after about 30/45 minutes of the system running there is a rather very loud whirring noise(obviously the fan).apart from this noise i have not noticed any operational problem even after 2/3 HRS of running.

Since the noise bothered and worried me i removed one of the side panel covers and booted up.  surprisingly there is no unusal noise except for
 the gentle fan
whirr. even after 4/5 HRS of the system running

My question is, could the unusual noise (if the case is closed on all sides and the only ventillation is through the holes normally provided on the back of all cases)be due to inadequate exhaust? or could there be some other problem?
is the only solution to change the case  and if so how do i decide which case will be ok? will be grateful for any help on the matter. wishing you all a very nice day.--- venkat viswanathan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml