From:
"Bill M. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 08:51:52 -0500
> Mark Rode wrote:
> >
> > I am considering  a Memorex CRW-1622 Internal 2X6 CD Re-Writeable Drive,
> > E-IDE. Has any one had any experience with Memorex CD RW.....would you
> > recommend them? I have heard that they are actually made by
> Phillips....can
> > anyone confirm this.
>
> Mark,
>
> There's a thread on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.d that directly addresses
> the Memorex CRW-1622 CD-RW. The vast majority of those participating in
> that discussion have good things to say about the 1622, so much so that
> I'm considering getting one for myself, especially now that the price is
> well under $300. A strong selling point for that group, (considering
> where the discussion is taking place), is that it handles DAE, or
> Digital Audio Extraction, which apparently many other drives do not.
>
> Negatives include the short 1 year warranty and little or no support
> from the manufacturer. Take everything I've just said with a grain of
> salt, since I'm passing on second hand info, paraphrasing greatly. To
> follow that discussion directly, just do a search on Deja News.
>
> HTH
>
> Jeff Delzer

I have a cdrw 1622 and have been very pleased with. It just went down
yesterday, extreme overheating, called support, 800 number, told me to mail
it in and it would be a 2 week turn-around. No hassels or anything. So I
don't see where the no support comes from. So I'am still very pleased with
it and the company.

Bill M. Smith
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/9800687>