From:
Steve Brumbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:22:25 -0700
Hi, everyone,

Thanks for the help!  I figured out the problem only about half an hour
after I sent the message.  (I sent another message to the moderator about
not posting the first, but I guess that didn't work.)

Anyway, even though it's embarassing, here's what the problem was:  When I
first set up the hardware, I had the HD as master on the same IDE cable as
the slave CDROM.  No problem, right?  Except that the next day, I moved the
CDROM to another cable as master and left the HD setting the same (forgot to
change it, arrggh!)  Anyway, once I changed the setting to single, the HD
booted fine and everything is now working great.

I know that this is just about as bad as forgetting to turn the power on,
but I learned my lesson from all the wasted time I spent fixing things that
didn't need to be fixed!

Thanks anyway,
Steve B.