From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:07:13 -0400
I think what you are descibing, and what you previously thought was the
start of the boot process, is how some motherboards react when they receive
the stand-by power, which is always present, as long as the system is
plugged in and the power supply switch is on.  The fans may run briefly and
usually a light of somesort on the motherboard will come on and stay on when
you first flip the switch on the back of the power supply.

Because the motherboard is in this standby condition, even when the system
is off, it is important to disconnect the plug from the back of the power
supply or flip the switch back there to off whenever you are working on the
insides of your system.  Otherwise, you are unwittingly "hot swapping" any
hardware you are removing or adding to your system.

Glad to hear that everything seems to be up and running as you had expected
it should.

John