From:
Gorden McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:59:12 -0600
Hi there
  Just my two cents worth. I see several responses that may solve your
problem.

 My experience on some PCI cards (particularly sound), is that you MUST
follow the instructions to the letter or they will not recognize them. The
one I was working with that gave me the most trouble. .... You had to add
the software first. THEN physically add the card after the software that
came with it was installed. ... If you put the card in first (out of
sequence) the troubles seemed to snowball on you till it became a
nightmare.

Later
Gordon

You wrote:
>>Hi Listers!!
>>                 For the second time, I've gone out and bought a PCI
>>socket modem, this time a Phoebe-Lucent 56K .Just like the first time,
>>I, for some reason, just cannot get it recognised by windows,

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html