From:
Bob Thrasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:43:14 -0500
At 03:12 PM 10/5/98 , you wrote:
>At 08:48 AM 10/5/98 , Larry Gurley wrote:
>>I recently purchased an HP SanJet 4s scanner (Visioneer PaperPort clone)
>>from JEM Computers.  No cable was in the box;  JEM can't help.
>>
>>anyone know of a source for this cable?  (Yes, I've e-mailed a request to
>>HP;  no response yet.)
>

>The HP Scanjet 4 series has a 25pin centronics SCSI connection.   This
>is a standard connector and you can get just about any cable you will need
>to mate up the scanner to your SCSI card, depending on the external
>connector of your SCSI card, wether it is SCSI-1 or SCSI-2.
>
>Nearly any computer parts house will have these cables.
>

>Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
>   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
>Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT
>                          PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES

The  HP Scanjet 4 described by Bob Wright must be different than the
HP Scanjet 4s you ask about or mine is unique. My cable is a 9 pin
D connector at the computer end and a circular 9 pin MINI DIN type
similar to but not like a PS2 connector.

I think apple used some cables like this.

Have look at http://www.dalco.com you may find it.

I hope HP will respond quickly to your request.

Bob Thrasher

                                  -----