Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:01:10 -0600
Fellow PCBUILD'ers-

        A while back we had a storm and a nearby tree fell on some power lines and
we lost power for a short period of time.  Unfortunately our computer was
on when we lost power.  When I returned home from school I tried to connect
to the internet and I recieved something like this error message- "There is
no dialtone." We have two phone lines, so I unplugged the phone line to the
modem and plugged in an old phone to our second line.  There was no dialtone.
        So we called up the cable company and got the problem fixed.  When we
tried to connect to the internet we got the "There is no dialtone" error
again, even though there was one.  So next I plugged a phone into the back
of the modem and picked it up.  There was a fuzzy, crackling response.  I
also tried to dial our home phone number, but it didn't work.
        I was going to call Phoebe, the manufactor of our modem, but I couldn't
find anything with a quick search through Yahoo.  I think the modem is
still under warrenty, but we can't find the warrenty card, although we
still have the reciept for when we bought it.
        I need to know if anybody has a tech or support number for Phoebe.  I
can't seem to find one on the box, and the manual says we should call the
number on the warrenty card.  I think this is what our modem is specified
as:
Phoebe- 33.6kps Sierra Data Wave Fax SQ3465.  I don't think it is a voice
modem.

Thanks
Eric Rozner