From:
Norwin Katzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:10:03 -0800
alan smith wrote:
> I sent this to the wrong site. I hope that you can help me.
>
> alan smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:30:32 -0500 (EST)
> From: alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: bios upgrade ?????
> To: PCsoft <[log in to unmask]>
>
>   My experimental computer is an IBM desktop  6792MAU, about 5 years old.
>   CPU is p4,  1.6Gb, OS  Win2kpro. Bios IBM 20KT46AUS  ( Phoenix IBM 4 )
>
>   I recently saw IBM had an upgrade for their bios, so I installed it!!!!
>   When I tried to clean an IDE drive by booting with ERASER, it would not boot!
>   I went into startup and no floppy ! and I could not enter it.
>
>   I hope that someone can help me reverse that update, because I use the IBM
>    for working on odd programs and assorted hard drives, such as erasing, formating and partitioning.
>   Thank you for the help,  AL SMITH
>
> ---------------------------------
>   All new Yahoo! Mail -
> ---------------------------------
>   Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.
>

> ---------------------------------
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:
>                           http://freepctech.com

Most motherboards have a jumper which, if disconnected, restores the
original bios settings.  If you have, or can get, the manual for your
motherboard, the solution is simple.  Just:

    * turn off the computer and pull the power cord off.
    * wait a minute
    * open the case (being careful to avoid any static charges)
    * locate the jumper and remove it
    * wait 5 minutes
    * replace the jumper and put the system back together
    * replace the power cord and try again