From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 22:16:42 -0700
Ever since I switched to a 233 MHz TX mobo with a K6 chip I've been having
problems with my Paperport ix scanner.  I'm using version 4.0 of the
software.  The driver loses touch with the scanner and then starts gobbling
up huge amounts of CPU time, slowing the computer down to a crawl. This
will happen when the computer comes out of "suspend" mode, but also happens
on occasion during a warm or cold boot -- the software fails to connect
with the scanner (or vice versa?).

Never happened on the old VX mobo with a P54C Pentium chip.  I've followed
Visoneer's suggestion of using COM1 for the scanner instead of COM4, but no
joy.  Anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions?

Ray Reyes
Microray Computer Services

ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"