From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 00:31:34 -0400
Why do you think it is the hard drive that is causing the problem?

One problem with Win98 is that it will not install on all machines
especially those made before its existence. This includes even major high
end brands HP, Compaq, etc. My experience with it on those machines it will
not load is exactly like yours, i.e. it freezes on the last re-boot.

Sorry, do not know of anyway to get it to work on those systems that causes
freeze ups. When it first came out, even HP, Compaq, etc. were really
bitching since they could not figure a way either even on their current
models that had the problem.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 /800-816-0663