From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:43:02 -0600
After reading this, I really believe you already have a good guess where
the problem lies...   best guess at this point...   it is either your motherboard
or your SDram chips.

My first thought would be to check that you have the proper settings for
your ram in the CMOS settings and if you have multiple chips that they
are matched, (if you are using two 16mg chips and they are not matched
it could also create this effect).

The second thought is that either or both your motherboard or your Ram is
bad.   Since you have other computers at home, you could try swapping out
the ram with another computer...  see if the problem persists.   If it does with
different ram, than your failure is in the motherboard.  Make sure all the settings
on your motherboard are correct based on your CPU, from the motherboard
manual, (you did not mention brand or model of your motherboard).   If these
settings are correct...   then you will probably need to have the motherboard
replaced under warranty.

That is my best guess based from the available information...

  Bob Wright

                                  -----