From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:27:46 -0400
Hey All

Here's the deal.

Existing network using 192.168.2.1. On a Linksys WRT 320n wireless
router. The cable modem is in the wan port. Also all 4 ports on the
switch are being used. One of them is my computer in a separate end of
the house.

In that room with me is the Linksys BEFSR41 router which right now is
only being used as a switch. Now I figure if I plug the cable that comes
from the wireless router to my BEFSR41 into the wan port instead of the
switch, then plug the other two computers into the switch then I would
have in essence a second network. But I can't seem to figure out how to
set it up. so am I stuck just using it as a switch? I have the BEFSR41
router set to 192.168.20.2 and have set the 3 computers to the same
except for the last two number which of course are different. I can see
and access the computers in here that are hooked up to the BEFSR41, but
can't see or connect to the wireless router at 192.168.2.1. which is the
connection point for the cable modem and 4 other computers which also
host the printers.

At this point I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is possible? I'm
hoping there is a way to get the two routers communicating. I'm guessing
I'm just missing the correct settings in the befsr41 router. The router
is working and pinging ok. So what is it guys is it a setting i'm
missing in the router or am I stuck using it as a switch. By the way
it's all working just great as a switch but I was hoping to get it
working as a router.

If you need more info let me know.

Thanks

Brad Feuerhelm