From:
Ottavio Nardone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 10:53:25 -0400
Hi everyone!
I installed an AMD|Sempron 2800+ 2.0G 130NM cpu on an Eligroup 741GX-M ver 1.0A motherboard. The present BIOS is not identifing the correct CPU so I went abount updating the BIOS to the latest BIOS version. The present Award BIOS is ver.1.0f. I downloaded the latest version 051013 and the required awardflash, AWD862. The BIOS protect jumper is on pins 1-2(disabled). I booted in pure DOS mode, put in the required A:\>AWD862.exe 41GXMA13 (the bin file that I extracted from the zip file downloaded from the ecsusa web site). The initial response allowed me to save the old bios to file which I did but then when the program was supposed to upload the new bin file it gave me the error "source file not found". I tried reinstalling the ver 1.0f just to test my steps and got the same error. Is the flash program faulty? Any suggestions on how to go about updating this BIOS? I cannot seem to use the winflash utility offered in the awardflash.zip file because the WinXP pro OS installed is not operating correctly under the present conditions.
Sincere thanks for any thoughts.
O. Nardone

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com