From:
Patrick Macaspac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:08:15 -0700
Goo day fellow members!

I have been practicing in the client server environment using Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003. I have something that puzzles me as narrated below, it's a bit long but I hope you can help.

I was thinking of creating a distribution list for a group in our team. Here's how I did it:

I created a group object names IT Admin in Active Directory (AD) and selected three users to be a part of the group. I chose to create an Exchange mailbox for that group too, and after a minute, the email address was created. I put IT Admin as the alias.

Next, I right clicked on the group, click Properties, click on Security tab to view the permissions. I then added the members on the permission list and have granted them full control (includes Send As permission).

Next I went to Exchange Manager and applied the Recipient Update Services.

What I want is that every member can use the email address or alias of the group when they email the team.

Here's the scenario: When I use Outlook 2003 to create a new message, I made sure that the From: filed is visible so I can use the email address of the group, something like, "On behalf of the IT Admin Group, I am sending this message to you". But the recipients, of course won't be able to know who sent it other than the group itself.

So I tried this, I entered the group's email address, then send the email to one of the team's member, the error message was: You do not have permissions to use this email address. However, I am one of the group's members with full control privileges.

I hope you can help me if I'm doing something wrong.

TIA.

Regards,

Patrick M

"don't let them make you think you're free, people are born free, yet every where they are in chains"

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml