From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 17:31:45 -0700
GDDR is memory that has been built specifically to process graphics data. It
will perform slightly faster than DDR, which is not specialized. As for SLI
vs Crossfile, some people have better luck with Nvidia products, and some
swear by ATI. I prefer Nvidia myself. The only thing I am aware of is that
SLI and Crossfire are not compatable with each other, so choose wisely when
buying your mainboard AND video card(s). As far as I am aware, both
technologies required matched cards, identical in every aspect, to function
properly, so keep that in mind as well. As for PCIe 2.0 vs PCIe x16, I
believe 2.0 is an improvement over and above what the original specification
is. The x16 refers to how wide the data bus is for that slot, and how wide
determines how fast you can send and receive data through the bus. PCIe 2.0
on the box probably means PCIe x16 with better support at the firmware
level. Hope this helps your build out.