From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:34:07 -0500
Sunday, December 06, 1998 6:04 PM Andre Cotnoir wrote:

Hi all
I have an old 486 DX2 66 that I wanted to connect in a peer to peer
home network.  It has 2 floppy drives (A-3 1/2 1.44 Meg and B-5 1/4 1.2
Meg).  After I installed an ISA D-Link NIC, the computer booted up and went
through the POST, checked drive A and stalled on drive B.
TIA
Andy

Andy, did you try removing the NIC to see if things went back to the
way they were?  Was the NIC used?  If you have not changed the
resources used by the NIC, it may still be set to a conflicting
resource by the previous owner.  You can get past the POST crash
by setting CMOS so no floppy drives exist, then checking what the
NIC is using for conflicts with the NIC's driver disk.  Assuming the PC
will run correctly with the NIC removed, remember to copy the driver
diskette to your hard disk before re-installing the NIC :).
Tom Turak

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html