From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 13:16:19 -0400
I am assuming you mean drivers for Win95.  I also assume this is
not a modern 56K modem.  I realize there are real world
needs for modem drivers, but since most modems support the Hayes
command set, as well as Class 1 fax, you usually can get away with
standard settings for older modems.
Anything up to 28.8 k is a standard, all you might really lose is
hardware compression.  I would go with either the stock MS win95
drivers you can pick from the wizard list, ( 14,400 Sierra is listed)
or use the standard 28.8k MS supplies.  Anything more elaborate you should
be able to code into the command strings if you have the manual or a
description of the standard Hayes Command set.  Watch, as soon as I post
this someone will provide a lead for the driver, but this works as a last ditch
attempt if you are satisfied with 28.8k  Personally I still have two 33k, two 28k,
and three 14.4k modems in service and I don't think I even know the brands,
let alone where the drivers are.
tom turak