From:
"Shawn M. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:34:07 -0400
I am contemplating getting cable modem service and
>was wondering if I do, if she could network to my desktop and share that
>cable modem connection (simultaneously).  Is this possible?  If, so, do I
>just need 2 NIC's and a cable?  Will the "home network" cause problems with
>her connection at work, or does each logon profile have it's own networking
>information?  Any thought/ideas are appreciated.
>
>Brad Boutwell
>BDB Graphics Design
>Tulsa, OK

Yes you can share the cable modem connection but you will need to run proxy
server software on the machine that the cable modem is connected to. WinGate
will perform this task. As for affecting the network at work I am not
exactly sure what you are asking but she could log onto your home network
from work or vice versa. Let me know if you have more questions.

Shawn M. Shea
Microsoft Certified Professional
ICQ #6076054
24.226.16.220 FTP server