From:
olushola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 03:35:37 -0400
On Aug 7, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Michael A. Wosnick wrote:

> I have been off the list for an extended period and have just
> returned and
> would like some insider advice. I know that reams have been written
> about
> Vista vs. XP but wondered if some of the regulars here had a CONCISE
> recommendation to make re: why (or why not) I should upgrade from
> XP Media
> Center to Vista.

Rarely does one want to be the first kid on the block to try it, it
could be painful. If you can do your work, I say don't upgrade. If it
ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't think Vista will make you more
productive in your work.

Digital audio workstation applications seem to be getting a lot hits.
It's not Microsoft fault, it's the fault of the sound card
manufacturers who have not upgraded their drivers to play with Vista.
I suspect the same thing is occurring in the graphics world as well.
It's all about drivers.

Before you upgrade, really research the hardware manufacturers to
determine if they have upgraded drivers; especially for laptops.

Olushola

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com