Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:14:25 +0300
On 19 May 2000, at 21:27, angeleyes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Could someone please tell me why my computer keeps coming up with  This
> program has perfomed an illegal operation and will be shut down. In the
> details it says IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module OLE32.DLL
> at 0137:65f42003.  After this an internal error window comes up.  This is
> an ongoing problem.  I have takne my computer in countless times and they
> can't figure out the problem so they reformat.  I would appreciate any help
> you could give me.

In my experience, such problems with browsers may occur due to a
software bug, and the software might be advert.dll which is part of
Radiate's software. Radiate's software is used for handling
advertisements in many adsware software.
It got a bad reputation because of a false rumor blaming it for spying
about our web browsing habits. This rumor was found to be false.
The main thing in this software is that after you install the adsware, it is
set to load independently whenever your browser is running and you are
connected to the Internet, in order to maintain the database of the ads
for the adsware. It results with many sporadic browser crashings.
Since the communication of it for the ads maintainance is secret, you
may find that your browser crashes suddenly even if you didn't browse
with it.

Many people (including myself) began to suffer from time to time from
browser crashes since they installed some adsware, but they didn't
suspect that it's because of that software as in many cases the
problems occur without any relation to whether that adsware was
running or not.
You may use either optout (http://grc.com/oo/program.htm), or after the
free version of optout will expire (July) you may use the remover
software by Radiate itself (http://www.radiate.com).

Notice that by removing advert.dll, you may lose the right and/or the
ability to use the adsware.

Uzi

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org