From:
Joe Baire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:02:47 -0500
That information is stored in the registry at the folloing location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProductKey

You can run regedit and search for ProductKey to find it--But be very
careful not to make any changes while doing so.  It is always a good idea to
back up the registry before poking arounc there.