From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:49:49 -0700
  My Dad is having some problems with his machine:

  My PC is sick. For a couple of weeks, its been telling me that my Registry
is missing a file in the System or something. I've tried runnuing Nrtn
WinDoctor to fix it but it can't. Last week my Nrtn AV expired so I loaded
the latest version to get my subscription back; it won't complete because it
says I've got a problem in my Registry - I knew that, but now my AV is not
up to date.
  Yesterday my grandson was trying to load a game on the PC but it didn't go
right - seemed to have messed ME up. Have tried reinstalling ME about 6
times today but all it will do is start up in Safe Mode - that's useless.
  When turned on, my PC now goes through the usual boot procedure but comes
up with Blue Death Screen saying I have an Error:
                   OD : 1207 : 00000032
and advising that I should use the old Ctl-Alt-Dlt to proceed; when I do, it
goes into Safe Mode and there I'm stuck.
  Each time I've re-Setup ME, I've previously changed the File Type on a
Windows file in effort to make sure it reloads all; ie USER,DAT to USER.D06,
etc. Maybe there is some other files that should be altered similarly...?

  Can anyone help him?

David Gillett

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>