From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:09:53 -0400
I think I see what your problem really is, and I've encountered it
before.  You cannot use both the USB *and* the Network connection on your
modem at the same time.  Many cable modems have both but only one can be
used at any one time.  You don't give the exact model of your router, but
hopefully it will have at least one "wired" port and one "WAN" port along
with the wireless.  The correct wiring would be from the Cable Modem to the
WAN connection on the router.  Then from the router wired LAN connection
jack to your network card in the XP box.  The wireless connection then
should work also to the 98SE box.

Doug

On 5 Jul 2003, at 6:44, Dennis Dittmar wrote:

 >  3.  Where/how are you plugging in the router?  Have you used it before?
 >  --- The SCN router is receiving cable from Tim Warner's NY RoadRunner and
 > cabled USP to the XP box which replaced another 98SE box and then
wireless to a
 > 98SE box in my daughters room

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml