From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:33:25 -0600
I am attempting to add a Window95 machine into an existing network on a
Windows 2000 server via TCP/IP. The machine is refusing to see the
network. The server runs DHCP and has a pool of addresses that are
assigned dynamicaly . The NIC on the win95 machine is ok. If I add the
netbeui protocol, then the win95 machine is able to see another win95
machine but not the server. Without netbeui, there is nothing. The
windows 95 network settings are the usual, nothing special, for example,
no ipx, no netbeui. The tcp/ip configuration is the standard stuff -
wins resolution is disabled, gateway is blank, dns is disabled, ip
address is obtained automatically. In fact, the other win95 machine with
similar settings has worked fine for a long time.

I can't see what I might be overlooking.  There are no conflicts. I have
tried a  different NIC as well.

Dharam

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org