From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:53:14 -0600
Hi all,
I am currently building my first Athlon system, an XP 1600+ on a Soyo Tek
Dragon+ mobo. I purchased a Thermaltake Volcano 6, some Coolermaster heat
sink paste, and the Thermaltake cpu shim.
My question is:
Do I need to apply heat sink paste to both sides of the shim, just one, or
none at all? Of course, I will apply some to the top of the cpu chip in the
center. I was just wondering if the shim also needs to draw heat from the
fiberglass board part of the cpu, or if doing so might raise the heatsink up
off the center cpu chip. What do you builders do?
thanks,
Steve Dias

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com